In tribute to David Letterman and his farewell season on CBS:
Here is my Top Ten list of “Reasons why ultra-disciplined football coach Nick Saban has probably never wasted a moment of his ultra-programmed time watching a single episode of Dave’s show.”
10. Dave can’t run 40 yards at any speed
9. Dave interrupted and made goofy faces when entertaining guests. Not the Bama way.
8. Dave was smart-alecky while interviewing Bill Belichick after the Super Bowl, accusing the coach of “horseplay.” Not the Patriot way.
7. Dave did not begin his show with a coin flip.
6. Dave’s show came on after bed check and light’s out.
5. People didn’t drive RV’s into Manhattan and park them around Dave’s theater when they came to see the show. Where’s the passion?
4. When you draw up a bunch of X’s and O’s for Dave, he automatically thinks hugs and kisses.
3. Dave’s musical director and sidekick Paul Shaffer looks and acts more like a sideline mascot than an actual person.
2. When you fly a blimp over Dave’s theater, all it sees are a bunch of dirty buildings.
1. Dave consistently was No. 2 in the late-night ratings but he seems happy anyway.
The Boca Raton Bowl has announced a Dec. 22 date for this year’s game at FAU Stadium.
The American Athletic Conference is expected to be represented this year against a MAC team. UCF and USF are in the American, which could increase local interest in the game.
UCF played in the St. Petersburg Bowl last year, losing 34-27 to North Carolina State. USF missed out on the bowls at 4-8 but with a little improvement could be in the running for the Boca Bowl, which is on the lower rungs of AAC tie-ins.
Here’s hoping Boca Raton Bowl officials play a little straighter with us in the run-up to the game. Last year’s inaugural event, a 52-23 Marshall win over Northern Illinois, was announced as a sellout but there were huge gaps of empty seats.
I’m taking a break for about a week. Hoping you’ll come back in June to see my vacation photos.
Only kidding. Just more dopey blogs.